Aaronson Dickerson Cohn & Lanzone has been advising clients on the Peninsula since July 1, 1949 when Michael Aaronson and Melvin E. Cohn founded the firm in Downtown San Carlos.
In April 1956, Melvin E. Cohn became City Attorney for the City of San Carlos, which launched the firm’s long-standing municipal law practice. After six and a half years serving as the City Attorney, in October 1963, Melvin E. Cohn was appointed by then-Governor Edmund G. (Pat) Brown to a judgeship in the San Mateo County Superior Court.
In September 1957, Kenneth M. Dickerson joined the firm to assist in the firm’s growing practice. In 1970, Robert J. Lanzone joined the firm and in 1983 served as President of the San Mateo County Bar Association. Also in 1983, after 20 years of distinguished service on the Bench, Judge Melvin E. Cohn Cohn retired and rejoined the firm as Of Counsel.
The firm’s practice further expanded with Jean B. Savaree in 1985 and Gregory J. Rubens in 1989. In 2011, Kai Ruess joined the firm. In 2013, Camas J. Steinmetz joined the firm.